Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Walking Away the Pounds this Wednesday

My entry for today's Works-for-me Wednesday is how I walk/jog away the pounds (or try to). A year or more ago, my best friend The Queen B ordered the "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD series by Leslie Sansone. There was a DVD in the collection called Walk/Jog. The Queen B knew that with me having a young child, getting outside to exercise was sometimes difficult, so she has been lending me (yes, I still have and told her just this past weekend that I would give it back whenever she needs it) the Walk/Jog video.


It is a 30 minute tape that combines walking and jogging and in the time it takes to complete the DVD, you have traveled 2.5 miles in the comfort of your own home. Now, I am a runner by heart (I've completed 2 half-marathons in the past 3 years) and so I change the routine up a bit and add more jogging than needed. I even used this video during this time last year as I trained for a half marathon.


I would definetly recommend it to anyone who wants to exercise during the winter (and even in the warmer months when the weather doesn't cooperate outside). It keeps me feeling better about myself (especially after I eat that 2nd piece of pecan pie during the holidays).


For more great tips, check out the posts at Rocks-in-my Dryer.

7 comments:

ellen b. said...

That sounds great! Might have to put it on my list for those last minute shoppers!

Anonymous said...

I have one of the Walk Away the Pounds videos, and I got it out last week and I and my girls (ages 3 1/2 and 2) "exercised" to it. I agree-Leslie Sansone is great, and I believe she is a Christian. Thanks for the reminder! I need to work on getting back into shape after the holidays, so I think I need to keep it on permanent rotation!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Amy @ http://hopeistheword.wordpress.com

Martie said...

You go, Girl!

I have been thinking about buying this. Thanks for the nudge!

Merry Christmas!

Martie

Mandy said...

I've heard so many good things about these DVD's. Perhaps I should get my butt in gear and get the, too!

Shalee said...

Oh, I totally need this one...

Armstrong Family Fare said...

I should look into this...I would probably like that. I've been wanting to start jogging again, but it's hard with the weather & not many daylight hours.

Willa @ www.treasuresfromtheheart-willa.blogpost.com

Unknown said...

That sounds really good.
Thanks!


Feel welcome to visit my blog

Laane on the World

to see what works for me.



Merry Christmas
and a
Happy New Year!