Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Works-for-me Potato Cooking


I've mentioned before my love for Pampered Chef's Large Micro-Cooker.

And today I want to profess how that love has grown...because I've found something new I can cook in it.

POTATOES!

I have found that the Micro-Cooker is the perfect bowl for cooking baked potatoes in the microwave. Simply wash your potatoes, prick them with a fork and wrap in a paper towel. Then place in the Micro-Cooker (the large cooker will hold about 3-4 medium size baking potatoes), place the lid on top and then follow the "baked potato" setting on your microwave.

The holes in the lid of the Micro-Cooker allow for steam to be released and in a few short minutes you have great potatoes ready for consumption!

For other great Works-for-me tips, check out Rocks In My Dryer!

post signature

6 comments:

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Love pampered chief. Thanks for the tip:0) Have a great Wed.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great idea! I have the large micro cooker but have never thought of baking potatoes in it. :D

Kama said...

Ah man! I don't have one of those and I have to cook potatoes for dinner tonight... :(

Audra Krell said...

I just got the large micro cooker a couple of months ago and will be doing this tonight. Thanks for the idea!

Sheila said...

I love Pampered Chef, but I've not seen this one. Did you know you can also bake potatoes in the crock pot? I find that very handy also.

Jerralea said...

I've been baking 1 or 2 potatoes in the small micro-cooker for years. It really works!

I have a microwave pressure cooker that I use when I want to do more potatoes than 2.