Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Works-for-Me: Taking away the obvious

For me, decorating is not something that comes easy. I love to do it, but more often than not, it takes me several tries before I get something that looks remotely eye-pleasing.


I have, however, found something that makes my decorating roadblocks much easier to overcome.

Exhibit A: Here you will see my guest bathroom (also D-Man's bathroom) which I recently redecorated. In the corner, you will see a lamp and the cord that obviously is attached to it. The cord is not very attractive.

Never fear, though because I give you Exhibit B which shows what "Works-for-Me" to take that unsightly cord far, far away. I've used a plain, white kitchen salad plate and a dry erase marker. Write a verse on it, put it on an easel in front of the cord (which I've rubber banded together as much as I could) and you've got an instant fix.


Looks much better, doesn't it?

This item (inspired by Shannon at Bless our Nest) worked for me, and hopefully it will work for you. For other great Works-for-Me tips, click here.

4 comments:

Totallyscrappy said...

I love it!

Jennifer said...

So very cool! And so easy! And inexpensive! Thanks for sharing!

Audra Krell said...

You've done a truly beautiful job here! I love the pictures, but what I love most of all is your desire to share your heart and to show Jesus to the world.

BlueCastle said...

Hate those ugly cords! Way to go. :)