Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Table Runner that Works-for-Me

Today's Works-for-Me Wednesday tip that I'm offering is one that I use often because it save me a lot of headache and is fairly inexpensive. I love having something bright and cheery on my table and often times have a tough time finding a table runner that fits my needs.

So, I made my own with some of my favorite placemats. I take 2 placemats and lay them in the center of the table and place the centerpiece on top of them and presto, a completed table is before me. It makes my life so much easier!

Here's a picture to show you an example. The placemats that I'm using here are actually 2-sided and I used the other side for my Easter table.



What do you think? For other great tips that for others, check out Rocks in my Dryer.

post signature

8 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That is so smart! I love that idea, and I also love your centerpiece!

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Great idea, especially since seasonal placemats go on sale after their holiday.

I'm off to check out some Easter sales for placemats.

Queen B said...

Very cute & spring-y!! Great idea!!

Heidi Thompson said...

clever. thanks.

Anonymous said...

I love a pretty table too. Great arrangement!

Anonymous said...

I love a pretty table too. Great arrangement!

Unknown said...

Oh lovely.
What a great idea. It looks marvellous!

Thanks for sharing.

You can find my tip at:

Laane on the World

Have a great week and an amazing spring!!!

Stephanie said...

what a great idea!