Friday, May 1, 2009

Forget-me-Not Friday

My dear bloggy friends...

I am sorry for being astray for awhile now. The baby continues to grow (as does the momma) and I'm up to my eyeballs in VBS and those things combined with my normal (not sure how normal it is) everyday life has been keeping me busy.

But, alas, I am back today for another addition of "Forget-me-Not Friday" and this one aims to please. D-Man has been on a role lately in what the things he says to me and I'm writing down as fast as I can so as not to forget a thing.

1.) D-Man crawled into my lap one morning recently after getting out of bed. He laid his head on my shoulder and was very quiet for a few seconds (very unusual for him). Then, with the sweetest look on his face, he stared up at me and said, "I can hear the baby crawling in your shoulder." Wishful thinking?

2.) Husband, D-Man and I recently made a trip up the hill to our old stomping grounds. Husband was there to work and D-Man and I were just along for the ride. We were in separate cars...Husband and D-Man together and I by myself (it was wonderful!)...and I get a phone call from Husband. He says to me, "I'm fixing to pull off to the side of the road because D-Man says that his crack is in his booty," meaning that in fact, his underwear are in his crack. I reply to this, "Well, I sure hope his crack is in his booty, because if not, we have a problem."

3.) D-Man got some new pajamas and lets just say they are the favs of the moment. He wants to wear them all the time, everywhere, without taking them off, without letting momma wash them. They are batman and superman pjs, complete with a velcros-onto-the-shoulders cape. And he calls himself "Batman" or "Super D (thanks King)" and has elected to now call me "Wonder-Mommy" and Husband is "Super Cowboy Daddy." Might I add here that Husband is not a cowboy, D-Man just likes to call him that because of the way cute straw cowboy hat I got Husband for the beach this summer.

That's all the fun I have for today! Have a blessed weekend! We are headed to KC next week and are planning some great outings, so fun pictures to come.

3 comments:

Jules from "The Roost" said...

OMGOSH YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!! Congrats!!!! I am SO happy for you, Amy!!!!!

Liz said...

That is so cute about him hearing the baby in your shoulder!

KC? Kansas City?? That's my neck of the woods. =)

Christie said...

I am loving the "crack in the booty" comment! So funny! I can't wait for Raylin to start talking. I know she will be full of it!!!