Monday, April 13, 2009

Saltines, Sprite & Sleep

These are all things one might give their child if they've been sick...they can also be what this pregnant momma has been living on for the past almost 12 weeks.


That's right...we are pregnant!!!!!!


God is so good and has blessed us and we couldn't be happier.


It hasn't been an easy first trimester...weekly blood tests to check levels, altering of Synthroid to make sure my thyroid is working properly, a scare at 6 weeks, daily progesterone suppositories and lots and lots of nausea (anyone want some?), but I wouldn't trade it for anything.


Did I tell you that we are having a baby????


D-Man already wants to know when the baby is coming out...it's going to be a long summer; and, the questions of how the baby got in there and how the baby is coming out have already started. But isn't it wonderful?


Because...we are having a baby!!!!!!


I ask for your earnest prayers for me and the baby for the next 28 weeks. I hope you will embark with us on the ride and be able to see the glory of God shining through.


And I leave you with this parting picture of our sweet one at 6 weeks (doesn't show much, but to us it means the world.) Isn't modern science amazing?

Glory be to God who has blessed us with this miracle.

14 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How wonderful!! I am so excited to hear about this little miracle! I pray for a healthy pregnancy and a perfect little one in 28 weeks.

Sarah said...

Oh, congratulations! That's so exciting! I'm sorry the first few weeks have been rough - hopefully they'll be better from here on out. Will be in prayer for you and your family during this special, sweet time!

Mandy said...

My heart is overwhelmed with joy for you and your family! You have been in my thoughts and I will add you and your precious baby to my prayers. I can't wait to hear every detail! *M

PeepOne said...

I am so thrilled for you
and your family!!
This is wonderful news!
Prayers are coming your way.

Unknown said...

YYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!

Dana said...

Congratulations! We'll be having babies right around the same time. I'll be 12 weeks along in a couple days.

:)

Christie said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting! And I love sonogram pictures! So amazing!!!

Queen B said...

SO HAPPY for all of you!!!! Can't wait to read all about (her) the baby!!

Amy Snell said...

Oh, Amy, how wonderful!!! Praise our great and MIGHTY God! I will be praying for you. And I am SO excited that I will be able to see you during your pregnancy, and *meet* your little one!

Liz said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful! Hopefully your sickness will ease off now that you are entering your second trimester. I know how that is. I have horrible sickness with my pregnancies.

Lisa said...

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your exciting news! I hope and pray the time sails by fast and uneventful. :)

Emily said...

Oh my gosh! Congrats a millon times!!! We are so excited for you and cannot wait to hear more! We will definitly keep you all in our prays for a healthy baby and smooth delivery!

Cheryl said...

I'm so excited for you.
Sorry these past few months have been so hard for you. I will definitely be praying for you.

I'm looking forward to walking through this pregnancy with you, even if it is through blogging! :)

Lori Harper said...

Congratulations!!!! Will be praying for a great pregnancy and healthy baby!!!