Thursday, September 27, 2007

Friendships

On Wednesday, I made a trip to the city my family and I lived until about 3 months ago. My destination was the salon to get my trusty stylist to make me look magnificent (although it takes many hours, days, weeks, months, years for that to happen). This was the place where our son was born, the place our spiritual walk with God grew abundantly and the place we have lifelong friends.

As I made my trip there and back, I had several hours to think about those friends (I hope my very best friend is reading this today). I am reminded when I think about those friendships how wonderful it must be for God to see his children forming bonds with each other that are not only centered around trust, honesty and love for each other, but most importantly around their love and faith for Him.

I have been very blessed in life to have met many people. My husband's occupation has allowed us the opportunity to move several times (5 times in 8 years). I thank God daily for those relationships He has allowed me to gain along the way. But most of all, I thank God today and everyday for the true friends I have who have signed on for this journey through life with me.

Thank your friends today and let them know how wonderful they are to you! B, I thank you!

Dear Lord, thank you for the blessing of friendship. May you wrap your arms a little tighter around my friends today so that they know how dear they are to me. In your Son's name, Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have so many friends because you are such a sweet friend to so many. I know this from experience.

Anonymous said...

I am so blessed to have you as my friend. I cannot imagine how my life would be without you in it!! Who'd have thought that a babysitting gig would have turned into a wonderful, lifelong friendship. You are the best.

Anonymous said...

The older I get, the more I realize how hard TRUE friendships are to come by and how vastly important they are to value, respect, nurture, and cherish.......God knew we would need good friends in our life to help us maintain a healthy balance between all of the other trials and tribulations we undergo with that other wonderful, precious entity in our lives called family:)