Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Works-for-me: It only takes 5 ingredients

Okay, here goes my bloggy friends. Here is dinner, prepared and on the table in less than 20 minutes. It's my version of spaghetti and meatballs (complete with a homemade sauce...I said the sauce is homemade, not the meatballs, but you could always do that if you have say, EXTRA TIME ON YOUR HANDS).

I have not the extra time. Therefore, frozen meatballs make a dinner of champions for us in the D-House.

I digress, so very sorry.

My sauce consists of 1 pkg of frozen meatballs, 1 can tomato sauce, 1 can Italian style diced tomatoes, 1 TBSP Italian seasoning and 1 TBSP minced garlic (I use the already minced kind from the store).

Combine all of the above ingredients and let simmer on low to medium low for about 20 minutes. While the sauce is cooking (the sauce that only takes 5 ingredients), prepare the noodles, heat some bread and toss a salad and presto...dinner is ready!

For other great Works-for-me recipes that only take 5 ingredients or less, visit Rocks In My Dryer!


post signature

1 comments:

Tonya said...

Awesome! I didn't homemade sauce was so easy. I am going to give it whirl :) Thanks for the nice comments on my blog also!