Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Works-for-me: Teaching About Jesus

Today's Works-for-me Wednesday post is nothing too earth shattering. It's not that clever. It's not something new. It's something that we've truly found works for us in the D-Household as we teach our D-Man about Jesus.

I have a plate in my kitchen that I bought from Southern Living several years ago (I checked their website to see if they still made it and I didn't see it). The plate is a rectangle shape and has a place for a pretty piece of ribbon (which I change out from time to time.

The coolest thing about this plate is that you can write on it with a dry erase marker and then change it whenever you want because amazingly, the marker wipes right off.

I use this plate to write Bible verses on and most recently have begun writing the verse that D-Man learns in Sunday School on it so that we can talk about it all week. The plate is located in the kitchen, close to the table and is a great piece for starting conversations.

Here's a picture to show you what's on it this week...


And there you have it, something that works for the D-House and hopefully will work for your house. For other great tips, check out Rocks In My Dryer.



post signature

6 comments:

Carol said...

I LOVE this tip. What a handy reminder and a very clever way to keep verses highly visible as reminders and to help with memorization. (For ME as well as the kids.

Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love that plate! I have never seen one like that before. Thanks for sharing this great idea!

Leisha said...

I love this idea - just yesterday I was in Hobby Lobby and saw a beautiful plate and thought hmmmm what could I use that for? Now I know - guess where I'll be going? Thanks for sharing this with us!!

Blessings,

Leisha

Precision Quality Laser said...

What an awesome way to display Scripture! It beats all to pieces my ugly computer paper with red sharpie that is taped to the front door...lol! Very classy---your's, not mine. :) Thanks for the idea.

Niki Jolene said...

Clever!

:)

Audra Krell said...

I have never seen this plate before and I must have one. The next time I get invited to one of the parties, I am going! Just a tip, try rephrasing in a positive light and leaving out some phrases all together. It's obvious you are down on your blog from your comment on another site, but I decided to come anyway. Other's may not. And then look at your post today, talking about the tip not being earth shattering,or that great. The truth is, your blog looks great and this was a great tip for me and the five people who commented before me! Now, let's get you going and help each other out by exchanging a little link love. I am adding you to my blogroll right now, and I hope you'll do the same! : )