Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Titles on Tuesday: Must See Movie

fireproofbanner

Husband and I had a chance to go see the movie "Fireproof" this weekend.

We were on a date...with no child...and popcorn...and whatever I wanted to drink.

We were also on a date with the rest of our church, but that is beside the point.

Bottom line, YOU MUST GO SEE THIS FILM!

Husband I have what I consider a wonderful marriage. We respect each other. We love each other. We laugh together. We cry together. We fight together. We work through our fights together. We parent together.

And still, this movie had an impact on us. It was a reminder of the sacredness of marriage and the sacredness of our relationship with Christ. A reminder that marriage takes work...by both parties.

The storyline plays out between a firefighter and his wife who have grown apart due to lack of communication and lack of Christ in their lives. Divorce, they feel, is the answer, but a 40 day challenge...a 40 day focus back on the basics of what Christ teaches us about marriage changes everything.

If you haven't seen it, go see it. If you have seen, tell someone about it. And, then let me know what you think. I can't wait to read your comments!

8 comments:

Ris said...

My dad just saw this and said it was wonderful. (wish it had been out when my parents got divorced ten years ago!)

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

can't wait to see it.

Audra Krell said...

This is a great post. We too, have a wonderful Christ centered marriage that we have worked very hard for. I wasn't sure if this was for us, but now I know it is!

Sarah S. said...

Haven't seen it yet, but looking forward to it! Everyone that has seen it has said GREAT things about it!

Queen B said...

I can't wait to go see it!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

We have it on our list of must see! Thanks for the nudge.

Stephanie said...

We saw this opening weekend and LOVED it! So good for everyone, no matter how great your marriage is!

Ashley said...

we saw it this weekend, too! it was so freakin awesome! second movie we've seen together in the theater in 2.5 years!! totally worth the effort!