Thursday, November 27, 2008

For this I give thanks

Thanksgiving.


It is a holiday full of food, football and fellowship. Well, at least it is this at our house.


And as we settle in for a great day of delicious dishes and afternoon siestas, I wanted to reflect and name the top ten things I am thankful for this year.


1. My Heavenly Father...who saved a wretch like me. He loves me despite all that I am and by His grace, I am saved.


2. Husband and D-Man...for without them, my world would be duller and cleaner.


3. My family (this includes all of my in-laws too)...you complete the picture and support the D-House through it all.


4. My unbelievable friends...I learn each year what true friendship means as I have those few tried and true friends who hang with me through it all. God bless you!


5. Gas prices...filling up my tank today at $37 versus the $93 it took to fill up back in the summer makes me very thankful.

6. The troops who defend our freedoms and protect our country...you guys and gals rock!


7. My bloggy friends...your consistent encouragement of this blog keeps me going.


8. All things carbs...oh how I love you and will be consuming you today.


9. My health and my healing...this year turned into a strange one with the lawnmower accident, but I am thankful that I am back and back stronger and better.


10. God continues to be in the driver's seat...keep driving us on, Father, keep driving us on.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone and remember to be safe, eat lots and take time to remember all those things you are thankful for this year.

1 comments:

Sit A Spell said...

I echo your list...all the way down to pass the carbs please!
I am also thankful that God is in control...

Bless...Shell