Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Works-for-Me: Burritos in a Pan


Here at the D-House, we often times have meals that one can prepare in a flash...and ones that still taste good after they have sat around for awhile. That's just how we roll here at the D-House.

I've always wanted to say "that's just how we roll." Did I pull it off well?

Anyway, I found a new burrito recipe that I think that you all will like. It worked for me last night for dinner and so I am passing on the love. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Make it tonight, call me and I'll help you eat it. For more great tips, check out Shannon's site!


Pan Burritos
2 lb ground beef
2 cans red enchilada sauce
1 can refried beans, warmed for easier spreading
flour tortillas
shredded cheese
garlic powder, pepper, salt (to taste)

Brown hamburger meat. Drain. Add 1 can enchilada sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the meat and simmer for about 10 minutes. In a 9x13 pan, spray the bottom with cooking spray and add half of the remaining can of enchilada sauce. Layer the bottom with 3 flour tortillas and then top with half of the meat mixture. Next add shredded cheese and another layer of tortillas (3). Spread refried beans on top of tortillas and top with remaining meat mixture and more cheese. Add one more layer of tortillas (3), pour remaining enchilada sauce and top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 and then remove from the oven. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful. I'll be trying that out shortly!! =)

Jules from "The Roost" said...

LOVE burritos & this "works for me" :)

AmyK said...

That sounds pretty tasty! If only my hubby liked to try new things. lol.

Anonymous said...

You used the whole "that's how we roll" phrase very well. I'm jealous. :)

Your burritos sound yummy. Thanks for sharing - I always need more recipes.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Yum, that does sound easy and good. We like quick and simple. Good tip.