Thursday, October 9, 2008

Reading is Fun!

I love to see this!

It makes a Momma so happy!

D-Man and I made a trek to a favorite antique store of mine on Wednesday. I have been wanting a set of shelves for his playroom so that his books could be more accessible. But, I didn't want to break the bank in order to accomplish this feat.

Instead, I wanted something with character and a "story" behind them. And, I think we found just that. First mission accomplished.

I even added a little extra detail to the front (it had some other wording on the top that I painted over) to give a shout out to reading. I've really been wanting to say "shout out." Second mission accomplished.


Add in a cute little boy and his precious wing-back chair (thanks Aunt C) and we've got ourselves an inviting reading corner. Third mission accomplished.

What do you think? Want to come over for story hour?

4 comments:

Keepin' It Real said...

Will you have hot chocolate and homemade peanut butter cookies? That looks very cozy! Love you

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Isn't that the cutest little reading nook! :) Great find!

Jenny said...

way to go amy! i love it!!!

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

tag, you're it. (again. . .sorry. . .again!)