Monday, December 22, 2008

Just consider it an early Christmas present

A dear, sweet lady in our book club brought this dessert to November's meeting. And I didn't just sample the dessert, I ate 2 and then asked for the recipe.

It was that good. And I don't even like pumpkin.

So, because I love you all so much and you have made my 2008 so great, I am passing the recipe on to all of you in hopes that you will make it for me, wrap it up and send it my way...so I can eat 1 or 2 or all of them.

Enjoy!

Individual Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes Bake Time: 30-35 minutes Chill Time: 1 Hour
18 paper baking cups (2 1/2")
18 gingersnap cookies
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice
2 eggs
1cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup Karo (corn) syrup
Place paper baking cups in muffin pans. Place 1 gingersnap in each cup.
Beat cream cheese, sugar, corn starch, and pumpkin pie spice with an electric mixer until well mixed. Add eggs and blend well. Add pumpkin and syrup. Beat 1 minute.
Pour filling into cups, dividing evenly. Bake in a preheated 325 oven for 30 or 35 minutes, until just set.Chill for 1 hour. Garnish as desired.

0 comments: