Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yes, she's my girlfriend, mom

Most of you know that D-Man is 3 1/2...and he's the light of our life.

Sidenote...I talk about him way too much, but it's my blog and I'll brag if I want to. (Brag if I want to...Brag if I want to)...end of sidenote.

Anyway, today I stumbled on something quite amusing that I wanted to ask all my bloggy friends about.

How do boys and girls realize that they have "girlfriends" and "boyfriends" even at the early age of 3 1/2. What makes them choose a particular "girlfriend" or "boyfriend?"

Case in point: D-Man had a friend over today because we are in the middle of an ice storm and her daycare was closed and her parents (both in the medical field) had to work. It was a glorious day of play (my oh my how boys and girls play so much better together than boys and boys...another post entirely). And they both agreed that they were each others "boy/girl friend."

Now, they have several friends of the opposite sex that they play with quite often, so what made them choose each other to carry that title? And, can I make it stop? D-Man is my baby and although I know it is innocent at this point, this only solidifies the fact that, yes, my baby is getting older.

I think I'll go put some footed pajamas on him and rock him to sleep tonight...maybe it will turn back time.

2 comments:

Keepin' It Real said...

Oh,how they grow up so fast. I wish I was a fly on the wall to hear their conversations! Love you

Liz said...

My little man is only 2 and has a little girl that he "loves bunches". They really do grow up so quickly!