Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dinner's on me tonight **Updated**

I thought that in the middle of this interesting economy, I might help all of you out there with your menu planning a bit. Here's a recipe that tastes good, makes a lot and can be made and frozen.

Chicken Enchiladas

2-3 cups of shredded chicken (canned or freshly cooked)
1 pkg of cream cheese (I use fat free)
1 can green chilies

Combine the above in a pan and heat until cream cheese is melted.

Put a spoonful of the mixture into a tortilla shell (I use flour) and roll up, placing the rolled part face down in a 9 x 13 pan. Once you have all the enchiladas in the pan, top with a can of green chile enchilada sauce and shredded monterey jack (or cheese of your choice). Bake at 350 until cheese is melted and bubbly.

I normally serve with a salad and some salsa on the side and we are good to go! Hope this helps your menu planning...you can always have me over if you make it (which will help my menu planning.)

**Updated to add that green chilies are not hot and I give them to D-Man and they don't bother him.**

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do the green chiles make it too hot for little man? are green chiles hot?

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

sounds delicious and easy!

Sarah and Zach said...

Yum - sounds good! I've been looking for a chicken enchilada recipe so I am going to give it a shot. I'm sure it's as good as your chicken spaghetti which we loved!!

Mandy said...

Ummm...am I the only one that didn't know that you could buy canned shredded chicken? Is it any good? Where do you find it? I'm so totally behind in the kitchen world.

Cynthia said...

Sounds yummy. I'll have to try it sometime.

Unknown said...

sounds great - i cannot wait to try it! i love getting new things to make!