Thursday, April 10, 2008

Could it be...Princess Leia?

This past Sunday, D-Man and I were getting ready for church as Husband was preparing to go in and make rounds at the hospital. D-Man was dressed, brushed and tucked-in and I was scrambling (as I do most Sunday mornings because I'm too concerned with how everyone else looks before I'm concerned about myself) to get myself ready in time to leave.

I had chosen a simple brown dress and decided to spruce it up a bit with a wide, brown belt. As I'm putting the belt own and positioning it just right, D-Man looks up at me and says, "You look like a princess, mommy!"

"Princess," I thought to myself. Interesting.

Husband adds, "Isn't it great that your son thinks that you look like a princess?"

To which I countered, "Yes, but what kind of princess wears a brown dress and wide brown belt?"

I pondered this question for several more minutes and even had to go as far as to twirl around in my "princess" attire for D-Man as I put him into the car.

As I'm re-telling these events to a friend of mine later that morning, she said without hesitation, "What kind of princess? Princess Leia?"

And there you have it...apparently D-Man thinks his mommy resembles Princess Leia...and he doesn't even know who she is.

Could have been worse, at least he didn't think I looked like SpongeBob.

post signature

2 comments:

Sarah S. said...

It didn't matter that you were wearing a brown dress with a brown belt... he associates "beautiful" with "princess", so there you have it! What a sweet compliment!

Julie said...

What a precious story.

I remember when my boys would walk in and see me dressed up and say "you look beautiful"....It was so sweet.

Savor the moments with your little man!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet comments.

Love,
Julie