Sunday, April 13, 2008

You probably don't want to know, but oh well!

I've been tagged. Not with a tattoo. Not with a new earring. I've been tagged by my friend, Queen B. And I've been asked to tell you 7 random things about me.

Seven random things...oh what shall I tell?

Well, let's see....

1) I don't do well returning from a trip if I can't almost immediately get things unpacked and laundry started. I love to travel and love seeing friends and family and new places, but when I return home, I need my home to be in order.

2) I don't wear regular socks when I run or exercise. I wear exercise "toe" socks. That's right, socks that fit each of my toes like a glove fits around fingers. It really helps keep my socks from rubbing and causing blisters on my feet.

3) I am very OCD about having my bed made and having it made correctly. Husband likes to be nice at times and make the bed, but he always forgets (or doesn't do it to drive me crazy) to pull the comforter taunt and tight so that the bed looks very put together. The pillows have to be a certain way and the comforter needs to be correctly positioned on the bed so it does not appear lopsided.

4) I love to send letters and cards by regular snail mail. I love fun card stock, neat paper and brightly colored pens so that I can make my words more "beautiful" and my receivers can enjoy their mail. I am a big thank you card sender and will cling to that southern tradition for as long as I can.

5) After all these years, I still watch The Young and the Restless everyday. I DVR each episode and watch it when D-Man is taking his afternoon nap. I'm not sure if I'll ever give it up, though I know I really need to.

6) We have moved 5 times in our 8 years of marriage. Yes, that's right, 5 times in 8 years. Only once have we moved with a child and I think that by far was the worst move because we had acquired so much more stuff. I'm not a good mover...it makes me cranky and I have told Husband I will only move once more as long as it is to the house we have built. I told him anymore moves than that will have to be made with his next wife (just kidding...about the wife that is because I'm serious about this not moving stuff).

7) Husband and I have known each other since Kindergarten. We were in the same Kindergarten and 1st grade classes as well as had the same 5th grade homeroom teacher. We started dating in November of 1994 and have never broken up since.

So, there you have it? Did you learn anything interesting? I hope that this prompted food for thought and if you have any additional things you'd like to know about me, let me know in the comments and I'll try to oblige.

Now, for the fun part. I get to tag some other people (supposed to be 7, I am only tagging 5) and tell them the rules of the game and ask them to join in the fun!

Stephanie, Kelly, Jennifer, Heather and Julie, I would love to know a little more about each of you. Here are the rules for playing! Please join in if you can and have the time!

The Rules:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Happy Monday everyone!


post signature

4 comments:

Queen B said...

Your cards are the best!!

Thanks for playing along...I loved your 7 things!!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Very fun. SO nice to get to know you better!

His Doorkeeper said...

I am the SAME about getting home from a trip. I start the washer immediately! I can't stand dirty clothes that have been in a plastic bag in a suitcase for a couple of days!!!

I also love cards and notes and writing thank-yous. Can't believe how many people don't write thank-you notes anymore! Their Mamas didn't raise them right!

Heather said...

I'm so flattered you tagged me...I'll be glad to participate. It may take me a few days to gather my thoughts. (As you can probably tell from most of my posts, there's not a whole lot of forethought that goes into my writing.) Looking forward to it.