Friday, April 18, 2008

A wreath of fresh air

Have I told you lately that I love spring? Are you sick of me telling you that I love spring? Would you like me to quit talking about how much I love spring?

Well, for those who still are reading and don't mind if I talk about my love of the 4 seasons, let me show you some of my handy work.


I was in desperate need of something springy to grace my doorstep. I searched high and low for pre-made wreaths, but nothing tickled my fancy. I finally decided that in order to get something that I liked that didn't cost an arm and a leg, I was going to have to do the unthinkable...make it myself.

D-Man and I made a trip to Hobby Lobby when flowers were on 50% off. The total for everything to make this wreath (including wreath base, flowers, bird's nest and birds) was $16.98. And am I so very happy with the results.

It's whimsical, wispy and wreathy and I couldn't be more satisfied.

Here's an up-close look at the birds resting in their nest.


That's all I've got for today. Have a blessed weekend!

post signature

8 comments:

Queen B said...

Too cute!! I am impressed!!

Queen Mother said...

Cute wreath!!!

Cheryl said...

Hello,
Is this Wreath's by Amy?
I'd like to place an order.

It's so lovely!!!!!!!

momof2 said...

How much would you charge to make one for someone (that someone being ME)?

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Man, you are talented. I tried to make a wreath a few years ago and it was soooo symmetrical. I wonder if I would actually do better now that my OCD is under control?

Pattik said...

You did a really good job!
Love your color choices!

Jennifer said...

Hi Amy
You did a great job...crafty girl!
I need something for my front door too. I was just thinking about that the other day.
I love Hobby Lobby they always seem to have great sales going! I'm going to have to go and check out my local store.

That wreath is very pretty...and Springy too.

You would probably enjoy it so much better if you liked Spring though. tee-hee-hee..

Unknown said...

Cute wreath! I adore Spring too - it's so wonderful. I plan to post some pics of the roses from my yard this week. So pretty and the smell good too! : )