Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A day in the life of...well, ME!

Husband, D-Man and I had a wonderful weekend together and we were really sad that Husband had to go back to work today after a 4 day rest.

D-Man and I didn't sleep well because he has been battling an upper respiratory infection and has run fever off and on for the past several days. I thought we were on the home stretch of the illness, when I heard the pitter-patter of little feet last night about 11:15 pm. And guess what, the fever was back...with a 102.3. After a dose of Motrin and a cup of water, I walked him back to his room and did what any mom would do...slept on the floor.

What? You've never slept on the floor in your kids room? Without a pillow...Or a blanket?

One hasn't lived until they have slept on the floor...I once did it for three weeks straight until Husband said no more. Another post. Another time.

Anywoo, I returned to my room sometime around 2 am and fell into a deep sleep...only to be awakened at 4:15 am to someone crawling on me. I marched him back to his room (no fever this time) and once again set up shop on the floor.

At 6:25 am, I found myself once again returning to my room only to remember that I had to get up in 30 minutes to prepare myself for the 8 month old bundle of energy I had agreed to keep that day. For 9 hours.

Now, you might be asking yourself, is she keeping a child at her house after her son had fever? And the answer is, "Yes," but only after calling the mom and warning her and letting her make that decision.

The day was fun, busy, and tiring, but was all made worth it when the doorbell rang about 11 am and when I opened the door, was met by this beautiful bouquet of flowers.

Husband and D-Man had sent them to me, just because they love me! Ahhhhh.....Isn't that the greatest?

It sure made the fact that I looked terrible and was extremely tired a little easier to bear.

Tune in next time for another addition of Amy's exciting life. And, if you've got an exciting life like mine, leave a comment and tell me about it.

Happy Wednesday...and another giveaway is on the horizon!

post signature


Sarah S. said...

Way to go, husband! :)

Queen B said...

Well that's just the sweetest thing ever.

Jennifer said...

I hope your little boy is feeling better.
I know what it feels like to sleep on the floor. I have actually feel asleep standing up before....during the time that my youngest had colic {gasp} for 5 straight months!!! The only way he would sleep is if I would put him in his swing and push it myself so it would go higher. I think I came in and out of sanity during that time! LOL!!! Most days I would try to function on 2-2 1/2 hours of sleep. Can you say Zombie??!!!
How SWEET of your husband to get you those flowers! You tell him he gets a big thumbs up for that one!!
Have a great day Amy!!

Queen Mother said...

How sweet!!

Keepin' It Real said...

I hope today(and tonight)will be fever free. Your husband is sure a sweetie for sending you those flowers. I remember having three children come down with the chicken pox at ONE TIME! Now that was pretty fun! The fourth child had gotten over them 10 day earlier,so it could have been worse! Love you!

mer said...

I hope your little guy is feeling better. I remember many nights of sleepin' on the floor. :)

"Just because we love you" flowers are the best kind of all! That was very sweet of you husband and son.

Hope you survived the day with an 8month old....that was very sweet of you!

Jenny said...

husband is amazing!!! and i have almost slept on the floor several times in the past week and cole is only 2 1/2 months old!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Gorgeous flowers. Getting them for no special reason makes them all the more special, doesn't it?

You are a good Mom to sleep on the floor. I just crawl into bed with them.

Lisa @ Take90West said...

Those flowers are beautiful! You're so lucky!

I have a boring life and I've never slept on the I'm thinking I'm a bad mom. Maybe I'll do it tonight!