Thursday, April 24, 2008

Whisks and bowls and knives, oh my!

A few weeks ago, the Faithful Chick began her favs series with one on favorite things in the bathroom. Today she's back again hosting on favorite kitchen items. This is one of my favorite areas of the house and though some of my favs look rugged and worn, I'm going to show you anyway because I think all inquiring minds need to know.

One of my absolute favorite things in the kitchen are these bowls from Williams Sonoma. The Queen B introduced them to me a few years ago during a shopping trip to Dallas and let me just say that I heart them! They work for so many things, have their own pour spout and can be washed in the dishwasher.


Another of my favorite things are these Pyrex measuring cups. I really prefer the larger of the two because it holds more but I use them both about the same.



And my kitchen is not complete without a cast-iron skillet or two. My favorite is this smaller one. It makes enough cornbread for Husband, D-Man and I to go with a pot of beans.


And for baking, can I just say PAMPERED CHEF! Love, love, love the large, round baking stone. It is great for bread, cookies, quesadillas, just about everything. I also have the muffin pan and loaf pan, but don't use those as often.


Pampered Chef also makes this great little contraption called a Micro-Cooker. And this little baby saved my bacon, especially when I was pregnant, because you can cook frozen, ground meat in the microwave in this little contraption and you don't have to smell it or really look at it.


The Micro Cooker, it is my friend.

And finally, let me introduce you to my best friends.

Paper plate, plastic fork, paper napkin and plastic cup, please meet my bloggy friends. Bloggy friends, meet my throw-away tableware. With a small child and Husband who is on the go a lot, the disposable kitchenware makes this mama's life so much easier.


Well, hope you've learned something that might help being in your kitchen a little easier. To check out other great kitchen favs, check out the Faithful Chick's site!

5 comments:

Deanne said...

I love my pyrex measuring cups too! I have one in 2 cups and another in 3 cups. They're awesome and can't live without them. Well, I probably could but I don't wanna. :)

I visited your blog via the giveaway and have since put you in my favorites. I think we could be good blog friends, yes? :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I am a HUGE fan of the PC micro-cooker! I have 2 small ones and one large one and I did NOT know that you could cook ground beef in it! That has the potential to change my life!!!

Your stone looks awesome compared to mine. Mine is at least 10 years old and blacker than black. But I love it and use it probably 4x/week!

Fun series!

fAiThFuL cHiCk said...

Thanks for playing along. You were quicker than I was this morning!

I thought about posting the P.C. baking stones, but did not. Glad you did, because I love them.

I will have to try the Micro Cooker.

Love the orange bowls.

Okay - I am seeing a bloggy road trip in the works. You, QueenB and me need to head to Williams Sonoma. If only you guys weren't so far away! :)

Great post!

-FC

fAiThFuL cHiCk said...

P.S....

I went ahead and added your post to my Linky.

-Peace.

Stephanie said...

I have the micro-cooker, but the instructions have nothing on how to cook frozen ground beef in the microwave. Can you help a girl out??