Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Tour of My Home


Today is finally here. I've been waiting with giddy anticipation for this day. The day that I reveal to all of blog world my house all decorated for Christmas. Thanks to BooMama for her sweet invitation to be a part of the Tour of Homes. So grab a cup of hot cocoa (with tons of marshamallows in honor of me), sit back and enjoy!

Let's begin by imagining you are walking unto our porch, preparing to ring the doorbell. You are greeted by this wreath of wonderfullness designed by a sweet woman whom I'll call K.




Isn't it just lovely?


Next, pretend I have opened the door for you (and greeted you with a season's worth of happiness and joy) and the first thing you see are these four cute nesting boxes that convey the reason for the season so well: PEACE, HOPE, LOVE, & JOY.




The nesting boxes sit next to our entry table which is decorated with a festive bowl of red & green Christmas balls.



To the right of the entry table, you will see one of three trees inside our house. It is our "Santa" tree. Husband and I were married 8 1/2 years ago and I have been collecting Santa ornaments since we were married and I've finally collected enough to make a 7 1/2 foot tree not look bare. K also helped decorate this tree complete with candy cane drops, beautiful red berries and real feathers. I've highlighted the top of the tree so that you can check out all the coolness that Mrs. K added.







Now, you've fully entered the living room and can smell this candle in Canelle. Although it is not designed to be a Christmas scent, it has the perfect blend of sweetness and spice and goes great this time of year. You might also smell this or this on any given day as I do love me some good smelling candles.


You might also hear the Christmas sounds of this group filling the air. They hold a special place in my Husband's family's heart because they have known this group personally for many years. How wonderful it is to sing praises to Jesus Christ this time of year and they really get me to singing (although singing might not be the best word to describe what comes out of my mouth).


Our living room is filled with the sights of Christmas. We have 2 nativity scenes proudly displaying the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. We want this to always remain the focus in our house of what the Christmas season really means.


This one Husband and I bought the first year we were married. We were seniors in college at the time and didn't have a lot of money for elaborate decorations, but somehow this has come to mean so much to us.




This one was given to Husband and I by my Granny a few years ago.





This plate is a new addition I added this year from a local shop here in our town. I really appreciate the message it displays.




Next you will see the 2nd of our three Christmas trees which has also been decorated by K. It bursts with my favorite Christmas colors of red, gold and green and comes alive with a wonderful topper that K whipped up.








And here are our stockings purchased and monogrammed here.





D-Man also has a nativity set in his playroom. It is one of these complete with this set. His NaNa RAD and PaPa Doc gave it to him for his first Christmas. Just the other day, Husband and I were picking up the house after D-Man went to bed (Yes, believe it or not, Husband is a huge help to me).


Anyhoo, I said to Husband, "Did you set D-Man's nativity scene up this way?"


To which he replied, "I haven't messed with it today."


To which I said, "Come and see this." He came into D-Man's playroom and all of the peopel (Mary, Joseph, 3 Wise Men, Shepherds and the Angels were all lined up in a row looking at Baby Jesus who was in the stable. A rush of warmth and joy spread over me as I realized that maybe, just maybe D-Man understands.





D-Man also has his own little Christmas tree in his playroom and he loves having it turned on each morning to enjoy all day.



In my kitchen, you will find a centerpiece that I came up with (I feel I did pretty well for an amateur). I took the bottom piece of this and added a green wreath. I then intertwined gold shimmer fabric and added a hurricane in the middle filled with red and gold Christmas balls. I always have a centerpiece on my table that is easy to move, but still looks good and this served it's purpose.






I also liked to feel like I drink fancy hot cocoa sometimes (even though I really don't) and so I found this cute little red tray this year and added some Santa mugs that I had gotten last year after Christmas and paired them with some fun, fancy hot cocoa. If you come to my house, I'll probably not break open the fancy stuff because then I'd have to buy more (it wasn't cheap).




I also have a fun fruit bowl (yes, those are my stash of red and green M&Ms in the fruit bowl), my Knoxville trip plate that I found at Crackerbarrel (did I tell you that there are 332 Crackerbarrel resturants between here and Knoxville)along with a few more cute mugs (with cocoa in them that you can drink) and 2 fun "SNOW" canisters.



And finally, our house has much Christmas cheer outside that glows at night, but you must imagine what it looks like because I couldn't get the picture to look good.


I hope you have enjoyed my tour because I really enjoyed having you stop by. If you liked what you've seen, please leave a comment. Consider it your Christmas present to me.


Be sure and check out all the other great tours at BooMama's tour of homes!


God bless each of you; and remember without Christ, Christmas would not be a season that we could enjoy. Remember Christ in all your holiday celebrations.


Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from our house to yours!






29 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love D-Man's nativity set!!

And the stories of what you and Husband bought the first year you were married are so sweet. Thanks for sharing those memories!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

VERY elegant decorations!

Come tour my place if you wish....
Circle of Life

Anonymous said...

Loved the tour!

Queen Mother said...

Just Beautiful!!!! I love the trees. PK does good work!!! Thank you for sharing your home with us!!

kari and kijsa said...

Your home is truly beautiful...love your feather wreath and the tree...truly wonderful!

Merry Christmas blessings,

kari and kijsa

Anonymous said...

I've never seen toppers quite like those before.

How creative and festive.


amanda in taiwan

Quirky said...

What a lovely tree! I love the feathers. Very festive. Thanks for the tour.

Hootin Anni said...

so pretty and so country! I love it. Now tell me, the 'black' in the wreath ---is that done with feathers?

I have a slide show for my tour.
I hope you can get connected to view with me, if not, I have a few thumbnail images on my regular blog too.---

My Slide Show Tour

Family O'Foxes said...

Thanks for the beautiful tour! I love the pheasant feathers at the top of the tree. A hunter in your family?

Merry Christmas!
~Amy

Jenni said...

Your home is so elegant and yet cozy! TFS!

Mission To Macie said...

I love all of your pics.........your home is beautiful!


thanks for sharing

Jill

ellen b. said...

What a lovely tour. your trees are beautiful. I have seen so many great nativity sets on boo mamas tour...
God's richest blessings on you and yours...

Southern Heart said...

You have such a beautiful home! I especially love your wreath and tree...just gorgeous!

merry Christmas,

Andrea

Jessica said...

Everything is just gorgeous! Very elegant! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Your decor is lovely; thank you for sharing it with us! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the exposure to the
world wide web, would love to travel world wide to decorate!!! Ha
Nice thought tho!! Hope you guys
have the best Christmas ever!!!
K

It's a Mom Thing said...

You have a beautiful home. Your trees are gorgeous and that wreath is to die for. Stunning!

Julie said...

Your home is just beautiful! I LOVE the wreath on your front door, your friend did a wonderful job.

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Very elegant and pretty!!! THanks for sharing!
In Him,
Christina

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I absolutely LOVE your home. The tree toppers? Wow. The wreath on the front door? Stunning. The nativity? Elegant and meaningful.

(And while I'm guessing it isn't strictly a Christmas decoration, your entryway table ROCKS!)

So glad to have found you! Thanks for taking the time to share your Christmas with us.

becky said...

Love the feathers! :)

Unknown said...

your trees are very beautiful! love your home, very cozy

His Doorkeeper said...

Love your post....your home is just beautiful! I love to eat at Cracker Barrel so I can shop...they always have the cutest seasonal things that don't cost an arm and a leg! Blessings to you and your sweet family!

Kim said...

Everything is lovely! Merry Christmas!

Lisa said...

I loved your tour!
Your trees are absolutely beautiful...K is a wonderful tree decorator!
And you did a great job on your centerpiece!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Love the red and gold theme and the awesome wreath. Thanks for the tour.

Anonymous said...

Your home is beautiful!! We really do need to get together soon! I loved your Christmas card! Love you!

Cherdecor said...

Your home is so beautiful and I love your three trees. Thank you for sharing your decorations with us.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing! That cocoa looks yummy!