Friday, December 21, 2007

Holiday Yumminess

So today I thought I would help all of you out who might be struggling with the perfect dessert to take to the holiday celebration. I'm revealing two of my favorite sweet treats one of which I make EVERY year to appease my enormous family. It is a given every year that I will be making these and making them in mass quantities.

The first is one I picked up at a cookie exchange a few years ago is as follows:

No-Bake Almond Bark Cookies

1 package white almond bark (may also use milk chocolate chips)
2 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I substitute reduced fat peanut butter)
2 cups mini marshmallows

Melt almond bark in microwave on 50% heat until melted for approximately 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir in the Rice Krispies, peanut butter and marshmallows. Drop spoonfuls onto wax paper. Let harden, then enjoy!

Doesn't this sound yummy and sinful and too good to be true?

The second recipe is the one that I make every year for my family. The recipe is as follows:

Peanut Butter Balls

1/2 cup of soft butter
1 box powdered sugar
1 cup peanut butter (I use reduced fat peanut butter)
Mix all of the above together and make into balls. Refrigerate the dough at least 1 hour.
Then melt together 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/4 oz of paraffin (I normally omit the paraffin and the recipe still comes out fine). Dip the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate and place on wax paper to cool. Store in the refrigerator and enjoy.

3 comments:

Queen Mother said...

Thanks for the recipes!!! They sound yummy. Merry Christmas to your family and thanks for sharing your blogworld with us!

momof2 said...

I can't wait for the peanut butter balls!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those all sound so yummy! I make PB Balls from my grammas recipe -I have never used butter in mine - I do, however, put 1 cup of rice krispies in there - they are really good that way!!

~christa~