Thursday, December 27, 2007

Trusting in Him

For many weeks now, the main CD that D-Man has wanted to listen to in the car is one that was given to him by one of his sweet little friends for his 1st birthday. It is the Max Lucado series featuring Hermie and friends. The particular one that we have is about obeying the rules, R-U-L-E-S, rules...oh my...been listening a bit too much.


Anyway, the basis of this CD series is to teach kids scripture through songs. It uses catchy music so that memorization of the book, verse number and actual verse come easier.


D-Man has a particular favorite that he asks for each time we get in the car. It is number 2 on the CD and he can sing almost every word to it. It comes from Proverbs 3, verses 5-6. The NIV version of these verses reads as follows:


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in
all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."


I cannot begin to tell you how happy it makes a mama feel when I hear my sweet 2 1/2 year old singing about trusting in God.


Isn't this what we all need to remember? Trusting in God in EVERYTHING that we do knowing that he will do what is best for us?

Hard to do, I know. I'm probably the world's worst about not trusting in him and holding on to my problems, anxieties and fears in hopes that I can make them ok. But, in reality, I can't. These things are far bigger than I and can only be solved by God.

Just like a child trusts his parents to keep them safe, feed them and make them happy, so our Father wants us to trust him.

Thank you, D-Man for singing these sweet words and helping mommy to remember daily to trust Him.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take my hat off to you for introducing your D-man to the precious Word of God.

Exodus 6 says: "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up."

You're doing it in your car. Bravo. I know God is pleased with you!