Monday, December 31, 2007

Dissolving the Resolves

Wow! Another year is drawing to a close. Just seems like we began 2007 and now in a few short hours, we will be ringing in a brand new year.

Some of us will actually see the first minutes of 2008 and others (like myself) will dream about it from the comfort of our beds.

However you bring in the new year, I challenge you to take a moment and reflect on the trials, tribulations, joys and sorrows of 2007 and remember how they've shaped you in to who you are today.

I'm resolving this year to dissolve my New Year's resolutions.

Who really keeps them completely anyway? It's kind-of like when my Dad paid me $10 to stop biting my fingernails ($1 for each finger) and after I got my money, I returned immediately to biting my fingernails (this was back in elementary school).

Or how I resolved in college to not procrastinate on studying so much only to find out that spring semester that I procrastinated more than ever.

Truth be told, I'm not very good about keeping those kind of resolutions. Instead, I'm going to focus on my God, my health, my family and my friends this 2008 and resolve to be better for them.

Oh wait...was that a resolution?

Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

Queen Mother said...

Great idea. I always break them by the end of January!!!

Queen B said...

I'm with you. I think if it is something you want or need to change, you should do it right then...not a random date. Thanks for the reminder!!

momof2 said...

I haven't done any resolutions for a few years, but have given myself 3 for this year. They are all things that I need to change to be a better ME......but they are ALL things that are going to take tremendous effort and willpower to change. So I'm not thinking of them as resolutions, but rather changes that will add up to a happier, healthier, better me.

Lisa said...

Happy New Year!
I have never kept a New Years Resolution! Ever! This is my second year of not making them and it feels good.