Friday, December 7, 2007

Soup Anyone?

So today BooMama is hosting a Soup-Tacular. What is this, you might ask? Well, it is basically a way for all of us out there to share our special soup recipes (perfect for these cold winter months) with the rest of the blogging world. I decided to participate because there is nothing better than a hot bowl of soup with fresh cornbread on the side when the weather outside is frightful...and the fire is so delightful...and since we've no place to go (sorry, sidetracked)...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Anyway, the recipe that I am sharing is a minestrone soup recipe. Earlier in the week I shared one as a Works-for-me-Wednesday post. This one that I am sharing today has a few more ingredients, but is still just as easy and d-e-e-e-licious.


Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef or turkey (browned)
1 can rotel (for those who are unsure what this is, it is a combo of diced tomatoes and green chilies)
2 cans of ranch style beans
1 can of Campbell's minestrone soup

I combine all the above ingredients in a crock-pot and cook for a couple of hours on low so that the flavors have a chance to combine and make a yummy soup! I serve with sweet cornbread muffins (the sweet really balances out the spicy of the soup). This recipe came from my mother-in-law, RAD, and is one of my husband's favorites.

If you would like more recipes, check out BooMama's site for even more yummy tips!

3 comments:

Nan said...

Thanks for the recipe. Stop by for my chicken velvet soup.
Nan

momof2 said...

Yummy. I like to take Bear Creek (or it might be Bear Mountain...I'm not sure, it's Bear something...) anyway, I take the Bear "____" dry tortilla soup mix and then just add some boiled chicken, a can of rotel, some green chiles, a can of fiesta corn, and a can of black beans. When it is all done (basically when it is good and hot,) I serve it with a dallop of sour cream and some tortilla strips that I have cut up into strips and fried until they are light brown on both sides. YUMMY!!!

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe. I have a similar one that I also do in the crock-pot called "7 can soup." I posted it on my blog just a few weeks ago on my regular "Crock-Pot Wednesday" edition. I can't wait to try your version. By the way, I enjoy your blog. Come by and visit me sometime. I posted a yummy potato soup recipe today that my family loves.