Thursday, March 20, 2008

In a bottle? In a bed? You tell me

Spring is fast approaching, cute spring and summer clothes are being displayed and the legs are waiting to be revealed.

But wait a minute, the legs are white. And by white, I don't mean off-white or creamy or light beige. I mean white, as in the color of snow.

What is a girl to do with these white legs? Decisions, decisions!

I for one really feel better with a little color on my body. It boosts my self-confidence. Makes the cellulite a little less noticeable. Creates an illusion.

I actually decided to catch a few rays via a bed last Saturday. My sister-in-law owns a salon and I had been in there to have the eyebrows and lip waxed, get a facial and stock up on some make-up and face products. And, while there I decided to take the plunge...and not tell husband. I was about to get some color. Oh yes I was...

The hour of pampering had gone great and I was enjoying my 7 minutes of warmth (because this bod needs to work up to the 20 minutes in the sun). I finished up, got dressed and stepped foot back into the main salon and I met face-to-face by none other than Husband and D-Man.

Can someone say, busted?

I proceeded to fess up (because my sweet sister-in-law had just told him I would be out in 7 minutes) and he asked if I would use him for medical advice when I was diagnosed with skin cancer? Talk about bursting my bubble...I was only trying to look a little better!

Anyway, I digress...so my question out there for all of you today is what you do to achieve that glowing color in the summer. Is there a self-tanner or lotion that you like or a tanning method that you prefer?

Inquiring minds want to know...



post signature

10 comments:

Queen B said...

I just got the Neutrogena Natural Glow lotion that is supposed to gradually give a bit of color.

I'm on day 2.

I'll let you know.

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Used to be a bed. Back before I had kids and it was easy to find 30 minutes to myself.

More recently it's been a bottle. I believe it's a Neutrogena self-tanner. But honestly? Nothing gives results like the sun. I just wait for summer.

Keepin' It Real said...

I recently got a bottle of Victoria Secret Mousse self tanner that I am going to try. I will let you know the results. Sorry to say that this chick agrees with husband on "the bed"!!! Love you

Queen Mother said...

I like the Jergens lotion--not the new one they have this year--but the regular one. It comes in three shades to match your skin tone and is supposed to give you gradual, BROWN color after about three applications. I have used this with okay results. Let's just say it took off the glare until the sun did the job.

I know the bed is bad, but I love the high intensity bed that doesn't burn but gives you color in 3 visits. I know, I know....

Cheryl said...

I can so relate!
My hubbie doesn't like me tanning in the bed, either but it's so nice to get a quick tan!!!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

The only "sun" I ever get is through the Jergens sunless tanning lotion. Beds aren't an option anymore since Scott had melanoma! He would kill me, especially since it was a direct result of bad sunburns as a child! Probably not what you wanted to hear...

momof2 said...

I LOVE Victoria's Secret Leg Perfecting Spray Tint. It is by FAR the best fake tan I have ever come across. However, I must admit, nothing beats soaking up some vitamin D, albeit artificial or the real deal:-)

Rachel said...

Simply Glow is Nice as is the Neutrogena Sunless. I haven't tried the Victoria's Secret Sunless Tanning Spray.
Shame on you! you should know better than to go in a tanning bed :-) ;-)
I understand though, I can cause car accidents with the glow off of my lily white freckled legs :-)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I used to do the tanning bed thing...but now that I'm inching closer to 40 and starting to notice *gasp* wrinkles, I use Neutrogena spray.

I really, really love the sun though, and I love having a tan!