Monday, March 31, 2008

From our front porch looking in

This past weekend, my family and I (mom, dad, siblings minus one and their families) spent a weekend in the beautiful Ozark Mountains to celebrate the yearly occurrence of my mom's birthday.

For those of you who don't recall, I am the oldest of 5 and have 4 nephews and 1 niece. All of my siblings are married except my youngest brother who is 11. If you add all that together, divide by 62, add 57, subtract 40 and multiply by 1, you should come out somewhere in the ballpark of 17 total people.

Therefore, one would assume if we all went (minus my brother and his family who total 5 people), one would arrive at the number 12. That's right, folks, 12 people in one house for two nights. And what a grand time it was!

If one was looking in on us in the beautiful home we stayed in, you might see my niece, J-Girl, dancing 427 times (as we sang 427 times) to the old grade school tune, "Ms. Mary Mack." You might also see D-Man running around in only a pull-up (yes, that's right, still a pull-up...boot camp isn't going so well). And you would definitely see some NCAA basketball being broadcast on 2 out of the 3 TVs in the house.

Lots of cooking went on...it is much easier and a lot calmer and happier if we cook at the house rather than take the kids to a restaurant and have them fed in a timely manner.

Kids + hunger + long wait = Frazzled parents

Laughter could be heard as the boys filled up the jacuzzi tub and splashed around in really cold water because we all the hot water had been consumed.

And, lots of shopping was done by all the women of the house as we laughed and talked and perused the stores of one of our favorite outlet malls.

What memories we made, what fun we had and what weight I gained!

I can't wait for next year!


post signature

6 comments:

Queen B said...

It sounds like a wonderful trip!! I'm so glad you all had fun!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Sounds like the stuff memories are made of. Glad you had a fun time with your family!

Cheryl said...

How fun!!! I love family trips.
We took a trip to Jackson Hole,Wy. this past Jan. with my parents and siblings. 15 people, one (thankfully) large house, 5 days, no arguments, great memories!

Keepin' It Real said...

Oh what memories!!! There arent't enough words to describe what a wonderful time I had! Watching everyone interact and have such a great time together was priceless. God sure gave me 5 beautiful children,and their love has poured over to their children and spouses. Thank you for making my birthday so special and for making me feel so special. I cannot wait until next year! Love you

momof2 said...

I looked forward to this trip for so long and it went by SOOOO fast! I can't wait for next year either!

Anonymous said...

That sounds so fun. Keep making those memories. I love that outlet mall too!