Monday, March 3, 2008

Yes, He is everything we need

D-Man and I were dancing around the living room on Sunday evening to the music from last summer's VBS (Vacation Bible School). My heart was filled with so much gladness as I heard him singing the words and praising Jesus for all that He is. He calls this music his "Jesus" music meaning it in the sweetest, most innocent way. And I am humbled by the love he displays for Jesus.

At even the young age of 2 1/2, he has a grasp on what it means to pray for those we love. What a wonderful feeling as a parent to hear the sweet prayers of our little ones.I spoke with my mom on the phone this evening and she told me she had been feeling ill. D-Man is in the phase where he always wants to know "who's that" when I get off the phone. After this particular conversation, I told him it was NaNa Lu and that her tummy had been hurting. He immediately closed his eyes and said (and I quote), "God thank you for NaNa, make her feel better. Amen" How wonderful!

How important our job is here on this earth to bring our kids up in Godly homes and raise them by Godly premises. The singlemost important thing I can teach him I was reminded of as we listened and danced to the music tonight.

God is EVERYTHING that we need. If we are suffering, if we are joyful, if we are trouble, He is the miracle that gets us through. It is by Him that we are who we are and will be what we will be.

I challenge each of you teach your children, your grandchildren or someone you know that God is all that we need in life. Without Him nothing is possible, but with Him ALL things are possible.

And praise His name for being who He is!


post signature

3 comments:

Keepin' It Real said...

Thank you D-Man for making my day! Seeing the world through a child's eyes is a beautiful thing. I love you!

Queen B said...

You are so right! Thanks for the sweet words.

Jennifer said...

How sweet.
Every night when we say our prayers together with our boys...we always remember those that need our prayers.

I child's prayer is so earnest and beautiful.