Sunday, November 4, 2007

Patience...a virtue

So, I'll say this up front, I AM IMPATIENT! Patience is a virtue that God continues to remind me of each and everyday. He reminds me in my walk with Him, he reminds me in my relationship with my husband and he reminds me as I try to raise my son up as God would have him be raised. I know in my heart that all things happen on God's time table, but I still try to speed things along (or think I do).

In Hebrews 10:36 it reads,"For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the Promise." God wrote it in black and white in the simplest of terms, have patience and you will receive his promise. I feel that this really says, Amy, BE PATIENT! God's will shall be done in our lives and patience helps us wait for those great promises. Ask God for patience today if you might need a little extra and if you already have this virtue, thank God for bestowing it upon you.

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for being the majestic, all-powerful God you are. Thank you for the rich blessings you give to us each day. I ask that through Your promises we might learn patience. Please forgive us of our sins and shortcomings as we ask for forgiveness today. In your Son's name we pray, Amen.

2 comments:

Queen B said...

You're preaching to the choir, sister. Thanks for the reminder:)

Queen Mother said...

Ouch! Needed to be reminded of that today! Thanks