Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Titles on Tuesday

Today's Titles on Tuesday selection is from a series your kiddos might enjoy. It is the Boxcar Mysteries series targeted at kids in the age range of 7-12 (I have to admit that I've re-read this series long after I was twelve and still enjoyed it immensely!)

The first book in the series is titled The Boxcar Children and it's website gives this description of what the book entails:

Henry, Jessie, Violet, and Benny Alden are orphans. Determined to stay together after the death of their parents, the children set off on their own. When they discover an old, abandoned railroad car, they take shelter inside and soon make it into a cozy place to live. But eventually the children are discovered by their wealthy grandfather, who takes the kids --- along with their old, red boxcar --- into his heart and his home. Together with Grandfather, the Boxcar Children lead an exciting life, traveling to new places, meeting interesting people, and getting caught up in any number of fascinating adventures. Ghosts, disappearances, and weird spooky happenings are all part of the fun in the Boxcar Children series. Of course, there's always a mystery afoot for the Boxcar Children to solve --- and just in the nick of time, too!

I would highly recommend this book especially as one to read together at bedtime. My mom and little brother (yes, I'm almost 30 and have a brother who is 11-another story, another blog) currently are reading a book in the series each night and very much enjoying it. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Queen B said...

My all time favorite series is Trixie Belden. I have my mom's set. I can't wait for my daughter to be old enough to enjoy them...and she better enjoy them.

Queen Mother said...

Love both those series. Super-Mom's read to or listen to their kids read!!!