Thursday, November 22, 2007

To be truly thankful



This year as Thanksgiving rolls around, I must reflect on those serious (and not so serious) things that I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my family, Husband and D-Man are my world and without them I would have no reason to be me.

I am thankful for my immediate and extended family and family-in-law. How blessed I am to be graced with their wonderfulness each year.

I am thankful that there aren't 10 more pounds this year on my hips. Maybe my New Years resolutions from last year really worked (or did I just buy bigger pants?????)

I am thankful for the friends that I have. The ones who have stuck by me through the prosperity and the adversity and haven't stopped being great!

I am thankful that D-Man, Husband and I aren't packing the car this year to head out on our Thanksgiving Holiday whirlwind adventure because this year we live in that adventuresome little place all ready.

I am thankful for Husband's great job that allows me to stay at home and be with D-Man (temper tantrums, dirty diapers and all).

I am thankful for my health and the health of those who are most near and dear to me.

I am thankful that once again I don't have to figure out how to cook a Thanksgiving dinner all by myself (thanks be to Mom and RADMom for that!)

I am thankful that all of you out there have given me a chance to explore my creative side by hosting this blog. Keep reading and I'll be even more thankful! :)

Most of all, I'm thankful to be a Christian and to have a Father who calls me His own.

Be Thankful, Be Bountiful and be Full this Thanksgiving Holiday! I'm taking a break to be with family and friends and I'll be back on Monday.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have much to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing! Keep up the blogging!

Queen B said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!