Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Guess what time it is?

That's right, it is potty training time here in the "D" House. Aren't those cheeks so cute?

He's going to hate me in a few years for this, huh?

Oh well...it's my blog, right?

Anyway, we are embarking on this dark, scary, mystical new world. D-Man has done very well with it thus far.

We tell him that Lightning McQueen will be sad and cry if he gets wet. And this lasts for all of about oh 30 minutes if Mom and Dad fall behind on their job of racing to the bathroom every 30 minutes.

I wouldn't say that Mom (meaning me) is doing so well with it all.

Dadgummit, it takes a lot of time and patience and time and staying home and time.

I know, I sound selfish, but conquering this feat means we've reached another I'm-not-a-toddler-anymore milestone. And I'm just not ready!

Well, I take that back. I'm ready to not have to wipe his bottom anymore. And smell those awful diapers. And carry diapers in my bag. Oh, and wipe his bottom.

Ok, bloggy friends, I guess I just convinced myself that I am ready for this new adventure. Like it or not, it's coming out in the toilet. D-Man, lace up your boots and get your game face on because Mommy's not playing anymore.

I sound mean, don't I?

Check back, it could get ugly.


post signature

4 comments:

Queen B said...

Bless your heart.

Hang in there. It will be over by the time he goes to college.

momof2 said...

Life is SO much easier when no diapers are involved. (Except for maybe when you're taking a road trip, or shopping, or whatever and you have to find a bathroom every 30 minutes b/c they can no longer just "go" wherever.) The good news is though that you can actually AFFORD to go shopping or take a road trip 'cause you're not having to buy diapers anymore! YEAH! Good luck...and if all else fails, leave him at Nanny's for a week and she'll get the job done quick!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh girl, you are brave! Take good notes and I will be callin' ya in a few months. D told me the other day, out of the clear blue, that the Easter Bunny was going to bring him a potty and he was going to use it! WHAT?? We haven't talked about the Easter Bunny in a year!!! These kiddos are so funny! It should be interesting!

Queen Mother said...

Sounds like potty boot camp!! Good luck