Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Titles on Tuesday


Thanks to all of you out there that recommended books for our newly formed book club. I'll keep you posted in upcoming posts on how we liked the books.

Now, on to the business at hand. Today's Titles on Tuesday selection is one from D-Man's collection. It is called Oh the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss. It was given to D-Man before he was born by some very dear friends of ours in Fayetteville.

At the time we received it, I didn't really think of the impact it would have on me after D-Man was born. But, then he was born, our life completely changed and I suddenly realized that from the start children are constantly changing, developing and growing so that they can "go" all those places in life.

The book begins by saying, "Congratulations! Today is your day. You're off to Great Places. You're off and away."

Isn't this the positive spin we should give to each new day we are given? And to think, this wonderful life lesson we learned from the Dr. himself, Dr. Seuss.

So, stand up, hold your head high and remember that today is your new day! Go out and make the best of it all!


post signature

5 comments:

Queen Mother said...

I love that book. I'm glad D-man likes Dr. Suess. Wishing you many happy hours of reading. Fix any good recipies lately?

Jennifer said...

My boys really like Dr. Seuss. Green Eggs and Ham is def their fav.
Yes...I totally agree...we all need to get up each day, realize EACH day is a new and wonderful day and to make the best out of each day the Lord has blessed us with!
Have a great day!!!

Lisa said...

My kids love that book!

Jess said...

Great quote, Amy...thank you!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that book! My mother-in-law purchased this for my daughter when she was born and I remember crying when I first read it (post partum emotions!). But now, 5 years later it still gets me weepy thinking of how my kids lives are changing... a classic book!