Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Titles on Tuesday: What do you read?

Today's Titles on Tuesday has dried up this week. I don't have a book to speak of. Instead, I'd like to ask all of you out there to recommend some books to me.


My mother-in-law and myself are starting at book club here in our small, rural town. It is a part of the women's ministry group at our church. We meet for the first time this week and I'm so excited to reveal our book! But, being true to the woman that I am and taking lessons from Queen B, I will not reveal the book we are reading until the night of the book club. You know, I've got to have my Oprah moment, right?

So, any suggestions for books to read? We are wanting to focus on mainly fiction by Christian authors, but will not rule out any suggestion.

Do I have any takers?


post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reeding Love, of course. I finally read it this past December.
I also just read cute book called SAHM I AM (forget the author), it's cute for a younger mommy group.

I love book clubs!

Jeni said...

I've been reading books by Beverly Lewis, starting with Covenant, which is book 1 of the Abram's Daughters series. It's about an Amish family, and is very interesting, but won't bog down those who are new to a book club.

Queen Mother said...

The Karen Kingsbury books are good for discussion.
good luck with the book club

His Doorkeeper said...

Well, I agree with Jill and the queen mother on book choices: anything by Karen Kingsbury is tops and I loved Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. It was awesome!

If you do Kingsbury....start with Tuesday Morning! Great, easy read and great discussion for a book club!