Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Baby Stuff that Worked-for-me

I wrote last week of our brother and sister-in-law having their first baby after many years of trying. This has gotten my thinking cap rolling back to a time filled with many wipes, lots of diapers and little sleep.

And I wondered to myself...what worked for me during that time?

Well, bloggy friends, I'm going to tell you about one of the BEST things that worked for me.

It began with a little caddy named Ultra Sterilite that looked something like this.And in it was filled to the brim with everything a new mother could need (and would want to tote around the house with her). Things like Desitin, Boudreaux's, baby wipes, diapers,

changing pads, Q-tips, Vaseline and baby lotion. If I might need it during the day, it was probably in there. It is something I never would have thought of, but one thing that I toted around with me forever. It became a permanent fixture in our living room (thanks Queen B for such a neat and thoughtful gift!)

Looking for other great things that work, visit Shannon's site!

post signature

7 comments:

Queen B said...

It was most definitely a life saver for me!!

Kate said...

Sooo true, great gift idea! Kinda like the laundry basket filled with household items for the new bride to be! :) Thanks for sharing this great tip! Have a wonderful day!

Deanne said...

That is a great idea! It will be very handy for a first-time mom, for sure! :)

GeonHui's Bakery said...

Great idea!

marigold said...

Love that! You can certainly fit a lot into that carrier! Great idea.

Anonymous said...

I will pass that on to my daughter and will get one for my house when she visits! Thanks a bunch

Tara said...

That is a really nice and clever idea!! Thanks.