Monday, May 19, 2008

Yo-Yoing my way through

I've hit a rut.

The weight, it stays the same.

I feel like a yo-yo. Sometimes I'm like the yo-yo moving up the string and love (I mean am content) with where my weight is.

Most often, though, I'm like the yo-yo on it's downhill descent to ice cream and french fries and anything and everything that isn't good for the waistline.

I blame it on the weather...oh it's so cold outside and I need to hibernate for the next three months.

Or I blame it on the fact that I have a toddler and the fact that if I'm going to win that "Mom of the Year" award that I can't deprive him of anything worth putting in his mouth.

And still other times I blame it on good ole "Gertie." Yes, ladies, you know who I'm talking about. That ever-present "silent" figure that appears not so subtly every month to wreak havoc on any weight-loss progress that I've made.

And so the cycle continues. I put the blame out there on someone or something when really it should be ME stopping my hand from inserting something into my mouth. Ever have this problem?

All this food talk has made me hungry; I think I'll go have a cookie.

And so the cycle continues...

post signature

4 comments:

Beachy Mimi said...

I'm with you! I eat like I going in to hibernation for three months.
Is it boredom? habit? hormones?

Queen B said...

I have no idea what you are talking about....

Stephanie said...

I am right there with you!!! I have lost the same 5 pounds so many times I can't count!!

Joy said...

Deja vu

Seriously, I'd love to say good-bye to the extra 50 lbs of baby weight. My favorite excuse? "I just had a baby!" Uh, yeah, like over a year ago!

I'm teetering at the same weight a month or two ago. *SIGH* *SIGH* *SIGH*