Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Vacation...we've finally gotten one!

Ok...my blogging for the rest of the week will be sporadic because we are on VACATION!

HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH!

Husband has some continuing education to catch up on Thursday and Friday, so D-Man and I came along for some much needed family time. We are in the great state of Kansas and are enjoying each other's company...most of the time...until Husband starts being a bit ornry...and then D-Man starts being ornry with this Daddy...and then Mommy goes to have a Diet Coke with Vanilla and extra ice (otherwise known as a DVC) from Sonic.

We've already been to one of my favorite restaurants, The Cheesecake Factory. Thanks Queen B for introducing me several years back. I had a piece of cheesecake for you tonight (the Snickers Bar Chunks & Cheesecake...yum, yum, yum!)

Tomorrow is the zoo and the rest, well, the possiblities are endless. I may go so far as to lay in my bed for hours each morning reading a great book or watching mindless tv. I'm pretty wild, aren't I?

So, check back daily for any updates I have and then make sure to check back Monday for a complete wrap-up and some snazzy photos!

Happy Wednesday!


post signature

9 comments:

Queen B said...

Have a wonderful time!!! Did your hubby have the carrot cake cheesecake again?

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Enjoy your vacation!

Hey, I made your chicken spaghetti for dinner tonight. I have a terrible cold and can't actually taste anything, but my husband and kids devoured it. Thank you for sharing!

Keepin' It Real said...

Have a wonderful time! We miss you though! Love you

Queen Mother said...

Have a great time!!!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Have you tried the chocolate-peanut butter cheesecake? Amazing. It's so rich, it takes me days to finish it. But it's worth it.

Enjoy your vacation.

Jenny said...

I hope that you have a great time away!!!!

Joy said...

Hello? I'm in KC (Missouri)! Did you go to the Cheesecake Factory on the plaza in Westport? Yum yum! We've had many a date or anniversary celebration there. I'll have to try the Snickers but everyone raves about the Godiva chocolate one!!!

Lisa said...

I hope you are having a fun trip and that you are getting to sleep in!

Jennifer said...

Enjoy your relaxing time watching mindless TV and sleeping in.

Happy Mother's Day!!!!