Friday, May 2, 2008

Rooted in normalcy, uprooted by change

A little over a month ago, something happened in a town very close to me that one might consider catastrophic; and it happened on Easter Sunday. The largest employer in the county caught fire and burned to the ground. In a matter of moments, a normal Easter Sunday was disrupted and changed forever.


Many have waited to learn the fate of this company and it's employees. They have waited and waited and waited and today they got their answer.


The answer they didn't want to hear.


The answer that will undoubtedly change their lives.


The company has decided to put their focus in areas where they already have plants instead of rebuilding. Just like that, lives changed.

It's made me stop and really evaluate my life and the daily "normalcy" that I live in.

I get up, I take care of my family, I serve God (or I try to to the best of my ability), I go to bed only to begin all over again the next day. But, what if God has a change for me...I mean major change...coming in the future? Am I COMPLETELY open to His changes?

Would I take the change and run with it, or sink into a pit of pity for poor, old me?

This event, though it does not directly effect me, has had an affect on me. It's made me get up and view each day a little different and it has made me more content with the change that is going on in my life. I'm open to what God has in store for me and though it won't always be comfortable, I know that His will will get me through the changes.

post signature

1 comments:

Keepin' It Real said...

My heart goes out to those who lost their jobs, but a factory does not make this town, the people do, and hopefully something good and positive will come of this. Easier said than done, I think it is much better to focus on the positive, and know that whatever road God leads us down, is the right one. Have a wonderful day! Love you