Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Titles on Tuesday: Fun Summer Read

Today's Titles on Tuesday selection is the first book in a new series by Robin Jones Gunn. The series is called "The Katie Weldon Series" and the book is titled Peculiar Treasures.

To be honest, when I first was given this book by a woman in our church, I thought that it was a bit "young" for me. It's focus on college age people seemed a little out of my age range (not that 30 is old, I've just been out of college for several years.) But, I was pleasantly surprised at what good God lessons were taught in this book and how easily the author laid out those lessons in bite able, understandable chunks.

It would be a great read for a book club or vacation. I would highly recommend.

post signature

3 comments:

Queen B said...

I just picked up a new series by Jenny B Jones. It is also targeted toward a younger crowd, but I've heard great things about it. And the author lives in our area!!

Jess said...

I just checked Amazon and saw that this got 5 stars...thanks for the recommendation, Amy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation!! I love to find new authors and series.