Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Oh where did the time go?

Hello my bloggy friends!

Sorry to have left for so long...the tears you shed while I was away I'm sure were bountiful...the vacation with the fam and from the craziness that is my life was much needed.

But, never fear, for I am back and ready to kick off the summer with a vengeance (right after I run off the 800 bazillion calories I ate last week...but wait, do calories really count on vacation?)

The time Husband, D-Man and I spent together last week was AMAZING! I can't tell you how great it is to spend time with my FAVORITE guys in the whole entire world. And here is a recap to prove it because I know each of you has been waiting on pins and needles for the last few days itching to know exactly how our vacation went. Right? Right.

We began the trip in the car and we ended the trip in the car. We ate. We slept. We ate. We swam. That's about all.

What? Isn't that enough? Don't tell me you expected more?

You want more details? Ok, you asked for it...

The highlight of the trip for me was the Snickers cheesecake I ate at The Cheesecake Factory. Yes, that's right. The highlight of the first real vacation we've had in a couple of years was made when I consumed some food. A big piece of too-many-calories-to-count cheesecake. And I enjoyed every minute of it. Every.single.minute.Here's a picture to prove it.



I took this right before I licked the plate clean!

One of the highlights of the trip for the fam was our trip to the Kansas City Zoo.

The sheep and Husband bonded. Sheep like feed. He fed sheep. Very happy sheep.


D-Man enjoyed the orangutan exhibit and was temporarily glued to this fence watching them swing.

He even decided to play a quick game of peek-a-boo with this duck. Guess what, the duck wasn't interested.



Food was a must on a trip...especially the "fry-fries." I think D-Man broke the world record for number of "fry-fries" consumed in only a few days.

D-Man loved any exhibit that had water involved. He wanted to get his "swimming suit" on and go swim anytime he saw water.

This had to be one of D-Man's favorite part of the zoo. It was a curvy slide that was nestled inside a fabricated 300 year old tree trunk. I believe he went up the stairs and down the slide more times than I can count.


D-Man took me on a date one of the days that we were there; he is such a gentleman. We went to the Crayola Cafe and hand a grand time (thanks Queen B for the tip!) He had the mini corn dogs (w/ fries...imagine that) and I had the burger (cheeseburger that is) and enjoyed every last "fry-fry" on my plate.

And the rest of the trip really was spent just hanging around, swimming at the hotel, eating out and yes, Husband did allow me to do a little shopping. All in all, a fun time was had by all and we feel relaxed, revived and ready to face the world again.

post signature

5 comments:

Beachy Mimi said...

Glad you had fun! The pictures are great.

Queen B said...

Sounds like a great trip!!!

I would drive 5 hours just for the cheesecake.

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you guys got some good R&R. The cheesecake,well, my mouth is watering just looking at that picture of what used to be cheesecake :) Definately worth the drive to KC!!

Pattik said...

Great pictures! Glad you had some
much needed time away.

Jenny said...

sounds awesome and i am glad that you all had such a great time!