Friday, May 16, 2008

One to call their own

Husband is blessed to be part of a large family. He is the baby of 4, 2 older sisters and an older brother.

All four of them are married and 3 of the 4 have children.

Until yesterday.

Husband's oldest brother, Beeb, has been married for a little over 12 years. Despite countless efforts to conceive a child (almost every available medical option), their time had not come. Beeb's twin sister had 2 children, the middle sister, L, had 1 step-son and we had D-Man, and still they had none.

There were times when I was pregnant with D-Man that I felt so much heartbreak for them because I couldn't imagine what it felt like to want a child and not have one.

And then, God reminded me that it is not our plan, but HIS plan that our life follows. And HIS plan became very apparent in their lives about 10 months ago.

We were on our way to a Razorback football game when we got the call with the news, "We're pregnant!" How long they had waited for this moment, how long we had wanted this moment for them.

And yesterday at a little after 1 in the afternoon, our niece, Baby C, came into the world. A wonderful blessing from God; a wonderful addition to our family; and someone to call their own.

Praise be to God!


post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for them!!! They have prayed for this for so long.

Queen B said...

I am just thrilled for them. They will be such great parents!

Scott said...

Thank you for the encouraging story!!! That's wonderful!

Keepin' It Real said...

What a beautiful new addition!

Sarah S. said...

I'm so happy for them! What a blessing!

Joy said...

How wonderful!!! I have a SIL who is childless and desires a child very much. I pray for her all the time to be blessed. I know the guilt you can feel for having children and TTC when they are physically (seemingly) unable to conceive. We just leave it in God's hands! CONGRATS on a new baby girl to dote on and spoil!