Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A gift from the tooth fairy at 51

This story I am about to tell is real.

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Nothing in this story has been fabricated.

My Dad, the B-Man, lost his last baby tooth, yesterday, at the ripe old age of 51.

Fifty-one, you might ask?

Why, yes, and remarkably it had stayed in so long because there was not a permanent tooth below...and because he hasn't been to the dentist in many years, they just now caught it (and I repeat many, because he keeps his distance from anything medically related until he absolutely has to go...but that's another post for another time).

So, my question is this, what exactly should the tooth fairy leave him?

I'm thinking a swift kick in the booty for waiting so long to go, but that's just me.

post signature

4 comments:

Keepin' It Real said...

Isn't there an age limit when the tooth fairy DOESN'T come anymore? I believe he may have exceeded the limit!!!!!!!!!!

Jenny said...

wow!!!! that is amazing!

Deanne said...

I'm a little confused....are saying that the dentist pulled the tooth -or- that it finally fell out on it's own?

I'm with you on the booty kicking, but then again I don't blame him for not wanting to go to the dentist (there are other things I'd much rather do....like potty train my toddler!) :)

Dawn said...

You should leave him a nickle with a comment that if he had given this tooth to the Tooth Fairy when he should have, he could have at least bought gum with it : )

Dad's can often be a frustrating as toddlers.

From the daughter of another man who refuses to go to the doctor / dentist unless there is no other option.