Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life Lessons Through Pain: Part 3

In continuation of my series, LLTP, I'm going to focus on those chunks of life we are given and what God wants us to do with them.


How many of you out there would admit to the fact that the bites you take out of your "chunks" of life are a bit too big?


I will...or at least I used to and am working on down-sizing my bites.


I have been reminded so many times in the past 22 days that I can't see the big picture, but thankfully God can and because of this I need to take each part of life I am presented with and give it to God...give it to God completely...and ask for His mercy and grace and direction on each area.


Too often I was guilty of biting off way more than I could handle or way more than I needed at the time always hoping that I would make it through. Notice I said I would make it through. Too often I relied on myself or told myself that I could get through it when all I really needed was to take it to God and ask to make it through TOGETHER.


God has promised this to us. In Psalm 33:4 it says, "For the word of the Lord is right and true; He is faithful in all He does."


Rely on that hope and faith God has promised and make your "bites" a little smaller today. God is gracious and merciful and will guide you through each chunk based on the big picture as long as you seek His will be done in your life.

post signature

3 comments:

Queen B said...

That is such a great reminder! Especially at this time of year. (Chanting: I will not be room mother. I will not be room mother....)

Beachy Mimi said...

Great reminder and great lesson.

Audra Krell said...

I love the analogy of taking smaller bites. No need to stuff myself with my plans. God's will fill me completely! Thanks for the encouragement!