Wednesday, August 13, 2008

There's A Guest In The House

Since the hand incident, blogging has become a very time-consuming process because one really needs 10 fingers, not 5 or 6 to complete the task efficiently and timely.


But, never fear, because my great friend, Queen B, has come to my rescue and is my guest hear at the blog today. Thanks B for helping the fingers out!


From Queen B...


Poor Amy’s hand is healing and she needs to give it a rest.

Her hand. Not her blogging.

Amy and I have been friends for a long time. We grew up in the same town…in fact, we grew up right down the road from one another. But I didn’t know her well then.

It might have something to do with the fact that she is way younger than me.

I don’t hold that against her, though.

Not much anyway.

When she and her husband were in college they began babysitting for our daughter.

And might I add that she knew way more about kids than I did. And my daughter was, like, 2.

I don’t hold that against her, either.

Not much anyway.

Amy lived with us for a few weeks one summer and we really got to know one another. We really became friends.

I thought I might point out some of the ways we are alike and some of the ways we are different.

This could be riveting. Hang on to your hats.

Ways we are alike:

We are both serious Type A’s. Serious. Bordering on OCD's. We have really organized pantries.

We are both kind of opinionated. But we fake like we aren’t . You know, we give our opinions (which are correct) but then pretend like we listen to other people’s ideas. But then we do what we originally thought.

We both like to read.

We both like to plan and schedule things. Good planning and scheduling should never be taken for granted.

We have great husbands and great kids.

We like to cook.

We like to eat.

We both like sports.

Ways we are different:

She is way more disciplined than I am. Like, she follows through with stuff.

She would never have animals in her house and my house has more pets than people.

She runs. I sit. She ran a half marathon. I pass out just thinking of it. My leg is cramping right now.

She makes things like curtains. I buy things like curtains.

She has lots of siblings. I am an only child.

She is blonde and I’m a brunette.

I have to admit that I want to be more like her in all of those areas. She is an amazing person and an incredible friend.

However.

There is one way that we are different that I’ll not be changing…

I would never have been mowing my yard.



post signature

4 comments:

Beachy Mimi said...

Bordering on OCD? Opinionated? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Ya'll are just too funny.

Ris said...

AMEN Sister! That's what I told Amy! I would never have been mowing either. How much you wanna bet that her hubby won't ever let her near a lawnmower again? Poor Mama!

Pattik said...

Friends are the best. Can't
make it in this world without
them. Hope you are getting better each day Amy.

Lisa said...

Feel better, Amy!

And I agree with Beachy Mimi...*bordering* on OCD???