Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Life Lessons through Pain: Part 1

My hand experience has been one on my mind constantly now for 8 days.

8 days of pain.

8 days of thinking about what limits have overcome me.

8 days of feeling sorry for myself.

8 days to think.

And through it all, God has taught me so many things. I will cover these things over the next few weeks in my "Life Lessons though Pain" series each Tuesday. I hope you find comfort, strength and peace in what God has taught me.

So, let me kick off the inaugural LLTP by refreshing your memory with this verse. A verse that has been near and dear to my heart for years, but one that holds extra meaning these past few days.

Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

God has shown me, better yet, reminded me through my experience that His purpose is the one that I should be seeking to complete. My aspirations, my goals, my wants and my needs matter not if He isn't in control of them.

I feel that I had come to a place in my spiritual walk with Christ that had me prioritizing all these other "things" before Christ. And in a blink of an eye, in a fraction of a second, they became "things" with no meaning or purpose because I realized that I hadn't sought out God's direction and purpose for these "things."

I think more often than not, we are all guilty of becoming complacent and numb to those things that don't really matter in life and my wake-up call to this came sooner than later. God has shown me that He is the first thing on my priority list yesterday, today and tomorrow and with Him at the helm of this ship, I can accomplish all things He has called me to do as long as they are according to His purpose.

post signature

2 comments:

Beachy Mimi said...

Great post, Amy, and a great reminder about priorities and letting God direct them. Thanks.

Queen B said...

You are exactly right.
I am so sorry you are having to deal with the pain and inconvenience of it all.

I know that God's grace will be sufficient!