Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Life Lessons Through Pain: Part 2

Last week I begin a series called Life Lessons Through Pain as a way for me to journal the things God has taught me through my hand experience.

In the second part of this series, I want to talk about learning (or better yet, being reminded) how God gives us strength to match the trials we face.

Chopping one's fingertips off one's dominant hand doesn't exactly sound like a joyous occasion...and I can attest that it was not. But, through it all, I've learned that God never left my side.

And you know what? He is still there...getting me through...helping me find strength where I didn't know strength existed.

There's not a caffeinated drink in the world that could have gotten me through these last few weeks, but, God can and has.

He's given me strength in my less-dominant arm and hand and shown me that anything my right hand can do, I'm sure my left hand can follow suit at.

There's the writing, the cutting, the hair washing, the shaving, the cleaning, the bed making, the clothes folding, the vacuming, the dinner making...all now being performed with the strength Christ has given me in my left hand and arm.

1 Chronicles 16:11 says to "Look to the Lord and his strength; and seek his face always," had this verse and my experience has reminded me that in ALL things that I do, I must seek my strength from Christ.

May you be reminded of His strength today and rely on it to help you through.



post signature

2 comments:

Beachy Mimi said...

That's great, Amy.

Queen B said...

You are so right. It is amazing to look back and see how God's strength sustained us. I am so thankful that you are recognizing it while it is occurring.