Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Just Yesterday...


Just yesterday I held you in my arms and inhaled your sweet scent,
Today you smelled just like a boy, but I knew you were still Heaven sent.

Just yesterday I held you tight and helped you fall asleep,
Today you talked about all the new friends that you would surely meet.

Just yesterday I wiped your tears and told you not to cry,
Today you walked into your school and didn't bat an eye.

Just yesterday we were blessed with you and now you're already three,
Tomorrow we don't know what it holds, but with you we can't wait to see.

Just yesterday I smiled and smiled at my baby with much happiness and joy,
Today you started preschool and I cried and smiled because you have grown into such a fine young boy.




post signature

7 comments:

Keepin' It Real said...

Such a little big man!!!!!!!! I'm glad he is liking it.

Erin Parker said...

Absolutely beautiful, Amy. He has grown into such a fine boy b/c of his mom and dad. We miss you!

Queen B said...

Beautiful! I hope his first day of preschool was great!

Emily said...

What a sweet poem! It makes me hold Ben even closer knowing how soon he will be a big boy! Dunn is too cute!

Beachy Mimi said...

I can't believe he is starting pre-school. I hope he just loves it. Beautiful poem.

Christie said...

That is a beautiful poem! It makes me so sad because I know Raylin will be starting preschool all too soon!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Did you write that? That is so sweet. Is he praying in this picture? Let me tell you, you'll love him the same, even more, when he leaves for college. But it's bittersweet because you're so proud, just like you're proud of his accomplishments now. Sweet post.