Monday, August 11, 2008

Many Levels of Randomness

Ever have those days where your head swims with random thoughts?


Welcome to my world.


So, you my lucky bloggy friends, are about to be the recipients of "Amy's Randomness" at it's finest.


1. The nursing home in our small, rural town flooded today. We hadn't seen rain in many weeks and it was too much for the lines to handle. Can you even imagine the surprise some of the residents felt this morning?


2. D-Man is on again, off again on the napping scene since turning 3, and momma is not liking it. Not that I mind spending EVERY, WAKING MOMENT with his sweet face, but that time between 5 and 6 pm when he should be happy but isn't because he revolted against his nap that day, well, let's just say, this momma doesn't like it.


3. And while we are on the subject of momma or mommy, D-Man has quit calling me those 2 sweet, endearing terms. Instead, I'm just mom. And I'm OK with that except that means that my baby is growing up and this momma doesn't like that either.


4. The Olympics, oh the Olympics, where medals are earned and a new culture we learn, but the air keeps us from wanting to return.


5. The fingers are on the mend, but not as fast as I would like. You women out there understand that in "momma world" one day is too much to tarry, and I've gone on for two weeks with 8 fingers that are OK, but only one hand that is truly functional.

6. D-Man told me over some nuggets and fry-fries that Jesus lives in his heart and in Heaven.

7. I don't really have a seven, but I wanted to, so...

8. Be great today!

post signature

2 comments:

Heather said...

Bless your heart. I hope your hand heals soon. #2 sounds just like my son...and I don't like it either!

Queen B said...

It is never good when the nursing home floods.

And I'm pretty sure that randomness is its own form of genius.