Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Titles on Tuesday: Remember When Edition


So today's Titles on Tuesday edition is a bit different. I want you to think back to your late tween and early teen years to the books that you liked to read.
What peaked your interest?
What books that you read back then would you let your child read today?
Have you read any of those same books in your adult years and if so, did they have the same impact on you?
For me, I loved the Little House on the Prairie series as well as the Boxcar Children series. I also really enjoyed Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books.
I haven't read any of them in many years, but I look forward to sharing them with D-Man in the near future.

post signature

7 comments:

Keepin' It Real said...

I still have some of the books that I read as a child, and Little House on the Prarie, and Hardy Boys are amoung them, along with a series called The Happy Hollisters. Books are a wonderful thing and I sure enjoyed reading to my children, and I know D-Man is getting the same pleasure from his parents reading to him. Love you!

momof2 said...

Sweet Valley Twins and Sweet Valley High, along with Nancy Drew and books by Judy Bloom (or is it Blume?) And pretty much any other book I could get my hands on.

Jenny said...

I loved Little Women and anne of green gables. i also liked to read the sweet valley twins series...and the babysitters club! I remember reading anything I could. I love to read books to Cole now. I know he is still so little but I hope to pass the love of reading on to him.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

WOW....not sure I can remember that far :>) Swiss Family Robinson probably would be one for sure!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I saved some books to pass on to The Queen and then The Princess. I loved Trixie Belden, The Happy Hollisters, The Bobbsey Twins, Honeybunch and Norman, Little House on the Prarie. I know there were many others. Back in my day you hardly ever purchased a book, you checked it out at the Library. I am so glad you are passing your love of books to D-Man.

Christie said...

I absolutely loved the Boxcar Children. I definitely need to find these books so that Raylin can enjoy them too!

Pattik said...

I loved Nurse Nancy. It had a
bandaid in the back of the book!